Latest:  

Alcohol Poisoning Confirmed Cause Of Amy Winehouse’s Death

Amy WinehouseAs suspected by her family, friends & her fans, it has today been confirmed that alcohol poisoning was the cause of Amy Winehouse’s death.

 

The troubled singer was more than five times the legal drink-drive limit when she died earlier this year, an inquest has confirmed.

 

The inquest took place at London’s St Pancras Coroner’s Court , where it was heard that she had 416mg of alcohol per 100ml of blood while in the United Kingdom, the national driving limit is 80mg.

 

The late stars parents – Mitch and Janis Winehouse were informed that she had not had any form of alcoholoic beverage at all in the month leading up to her death, but the singer suffered when hitting the bottle on Friday 22nd July.

 

The body of Amy Winehouse was discovered the following day by her live-in guard, Andrew Morris, when he came to check on her.

 

She was found in her bed at her Camden home.

 

Amy WinehouseThe inquest revealed that her security guard checked in on her at around 10:00am the day she died, but left her for a further full five hours before alerting the emergency services.

 

Amy’s father has since set up the Amy Winehouse foundation which helps raise awareness for drug and alcohol addiction. Together with Amy’s management and record label, the foundation has made it’s first three donations of £10,000, to charities close to Amy’s heart, and only recently has Mitch Winehouse asked former Girls Aloud star, Sarah Harding to become the foundation’s ambassador.

 

Such a tragic loss to the world of music, Amy was a very talented woman with all to live for, but unfortunetly fell victim to drug and alcohol abuse.

 

R.I.P Amy Winehouse.

 

Image courtesy of: poponthepop.com 


HAVE YOUR SAY