Every day, when I wake up in the morning and open the newsletter, I get to see another sophisticated gadget hitting the market. Looking at my smartphone which I bought last week (and in just a week it became an outdated version, sigh!) I ponder, ‘Eh! The world is changing with every passing second’.
But this change is not limited to technology. It’s everywhere. Time changes. Fashion changes. Feelings change. And even people change. In this era, where everything is changing with a lightning speed, one thing that preserved its existence is love. But, only in an abstract sense! There is indeed as much love in this world as it was during the time of Adam & Eve and Romeo & Juliet but the definition of this love has substantially changed.
Nowadays, walking together on the beach-side with hand in hand, buying expensive gifts for each other on anniversaries, waking up early in the morning to watch sunrise, or even sharing a coke together can be counted as love.
When even love has changed (or updated) its meaning, why do we refer to a philosophy that is out of date? It’s high time that we revise our philosophical love as well, because today’s love is no longer blind. It can see the money, sense the affection, listen to the needs and it can also make complaints.
So, here goes a set of light-hearted quotations which fit nicely and holds true in today’s world. No offense meant to anyone, of course.
- ‘Love is a thing that enables a woman to sing while she mops up the floor after her husband has walked across it in his barn boots.’ - Hoosier Farmer
- ‘Love is like pi – natural, irrational and very important.’ – Lisa Hoffmann
- ‘Love is fun but it is not going to pay the bills.’ – Jessica Martin
- ‘I will never let you go Jack, I’ll never let go.’ – Rose in Titanic. Several seconds later, poor little Jack sinks to the bottom of the Atlantic.
- ‘Today is Valentine’s Day. Or as men like to call, Extortion Day.’ – Jay Leno
- ‘A guy knows he is in love when he loses interest in his car for a couple of days.’ – Tim Allen
- ‘When we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness and call it Love. True love.’ – Robert Fulghum
- ‘Don’t make love by the garden gate. Love is blind but neighbors aren’t.’ – Anonymous
- ‘True love comes quietly, without banners or flashing lights. If you hear bells, get your ears checked.’ – Erich Segal
- ‘Many a young lady does not realize just how strong her love for a young man is, until he fails to pass the approval test with her parents.’ – Anonymous
- ‘If you want to read about love and marriage, you’ve got to buy two separate books.’ – Alan King
- ‘When a man opens the door of his car for his wife you can be sure of one thing. Either the car is new or the wife is.’ – Anonymous
- ‘The happiest marriage I can picture would be the union of a deaf man to a blind woman.’ – Coleridge
- ‘What’s the difference between a boyfriend and a husband? About 30 pounds!’ – Anonymous
- ‘The four most important words in any marriage – I’ll do the dishes.’ – Anonymous
- ‘What’s the best way to have your husband remember your anniversary? Get married on his birthday.’ – Cindy Garner
- ‘It’s not as great a day for the bride as she thinks. She isn’t marrying the best man.’ – Anonymous
- ‘No man is truly married until he understands every word his wife is NOT saying.’ – Anonymous
- ‘Some pray to marry the man they love, my prayer will somewhat vary. I humble pray to heaven above that I love the man I marry.’ – Rose Pastor Stokes
- ‘Behind every successful man, stands a surprised mother in law.’ – Anonymous
- ‘When a woman steals your husband, there is no better revenge then to let her keep him.’ – Anonymous
- ‘I’ve had bad luck with both my wives. First one left me and second one didn’t.’ – Patrick Murray
- ‘A bride at her second wedding does not wear a veil. She wants to see what she is getting.’ – Helen Rowland.
- ‘What the world really need is more love and less paperwork.’ – Pearl Bailey
And yeah, I almost forgot about the end task. If anyone knows who this ‘anonymous’ is, then please let me know as well.
Check out our Love T-shirts, amongst other things, in our store: http://tinyurl.com/cc4byeo