There was once a time when I used to bite my nails right down, until nothing was left except tiny stumps! Such a bad habit but thankfully I eventually grew out of it, thank the Lord!
These days I am obsessed with keeping my nails healthy, filed neatly in a square shape and decorated with the latest shades and designs. For me 2011 is not only about dressing my body in the latest shades but also my nails…
1) Natural Nudes
Nude-as-naked, demure yet provocative. High-gloss formulas give off a professional finish, without your hands resembling a mannequin!
- Essie Nail Polish in Sand Tropez
- Barry M in Strawberry Ice Cream
- Nails Inc in Brooklyn Nail Polish
2) Cool Blues
In shades of Robin’s Egg or Tiffany’s Box, pale blue is hot for summer 2011.
- Rimmel Lycra Pro Colour Memory Nail Polish in Peppermint
- Nails Inc in Warwick Way
- Barry M in Mint Green
3) Peachy Pinks
This shade is the one that will show off a tan to the best! It is a great shade to take with you on your holidays!
- Dior Nail Vernis in Pink Boa
- Chanel Le Vernis in Orange Fizz
- Barry M in Peach Melba
4) Lady Lavender
Purple nails are a women’s secret weapon! Think of dusty purples, saturated lavenders and shiny heliotropes!
- Estee Lauder Pure Colour Nail Lacquer in Violet Diva
- Barry M in Vivid Purple
5) Gun-Metal Greys
Metallic is the shade that can give the ultimate futuristic look. The shade is plain yet effective for this year’s minimalist appearance. Nails have never looked so dangerous!
- Chanel Le Vernis in Black Pearl
- MAC Champale Nail Polish in Very Important Platinum
- Barry M in Gold
6) Patterned Nails
Think of Katy Perry and Jessie J, ranging from floral, fruits, animal prints to shapes.
- Nails Inc Nail Wraps in gold, silver, leopard print and zebra print
- Topshop WAH Nails- Manicurists paint on designs that range from strawberries to stripes
- Topshop Nail Wraps in Gold Giraffe
(image courtesy of luuux.com and pamperedandpolished.co.uk)